In this game, Race to Ramses, your aim is to beat the thieves to finding the secret treasure hidden in the pyramid. You will need to solve a variety of puzzles along the way.
To solve the puzzles you will need your knowledge of spelling rules, including compound words, prefixes and suffixes. Good luck!
The end of term has crept right up and there is now only five days to go until the holidays. We had a busy week nine, which included:
- Working in our targeted maths Number groups with Mrs Leslie, Mr Campbell and myself focusing on decimal numbers, BODMAS, four operations and problem solving tasks.
- Delving deeper into our inquiry group topics, exploring the concept of identity.
- Cooking some delicious chop suey in Kitchen.
- Looking at writing news articles in English, including collecting facts and quotes to back up our writing and make it more believable.
- Continuing literacy groups with 56D, where we learnt about the current crisis in Japan thanks to these two BTN stories (Japan Kids, Nuclear Power); did guided reading with Mrs Hansen and Miss Brown, revised SRA (a reading comprehension and vocabulary program) with Miss Young and Mr Mills and reflected on the Fields Frenzy.
- Learning to write more in depth blog comments and create our own blog posts in ICT (albeit with a few technical hiccups!)
- Beginning to post our camp recounts and vodcasts to the blog (as above, we had a few technical glitches but some are already available, including Tai’s and Amber’s).
- Finding out about binary numbers thanks to Zenia, Kelly and Malinthi
- And along with all our regular programs, having our school photos taken.
There are a few of us looking forward to birthdays this week and in the holidays (myself included), but what do we have to look forward to before we reach Friday?
- The grade 5/6 teachers will be having their term two planning day tomorrow (Monday) so we will be spending the day with Mrs Simpson, exploring art (which is lucky since we don’t have it as a specialist til term two!)
- On Tuesday we will be back in our inquiry groups delving deeper into our topics.
- We will have a special double book club session this week on Tuesday since our regular specialist programs are not running. In the Stormbreaker group, we will be writing a ‘Reading to Learn’ piece.
- On Wednesday, the Grade 6 students will be having a special presentation by some wheelchair basketball athletes. They will get the chance to play a game of wheelchair basketball as well!
- We will be continuing our writing of news articles, learning to include the quotes we have collected into the text; and the correct punctuation to use with quotes.
- Our reading comprehension will be a focus in reading groups this week, especially locating and organising information.
- We will be helping our prep buddies on Thursday to work on a special project.
- On Friday is our annual Easter bonnet parade.
What a big week ahead! I am sure by Friday we will all be ready for the holidays.
What are you most looking forward to about the holidays?