Let’s link in with our Inquiry topic and study for this week’s thinking question. Our focus this week will be on:
- making links between the past and the present (and identifying what is different)
- including historical fact in a fiction piece of writing
- describe a scene
- writing in the first person.
You are Marty McFly, and have just travelled in the DeLorean back to the year 1912. Describe where you have arrived and what the world is like. Try to include facts about the era to make it seem real.
This morning, the focus for our writing task is:
- Including detail
- Working on your OFI (opportunity for improvement).
Before you start, make sure you check your email so you have some feedback from last week’s writing task.
You are invisible for the day. What would/did you do?
This morning we are going to do a quick, ten minute writing task. Our focus is on:
- Being creative
- Quickly coming up with an idea
- Editing our work as we go
If you could go on a dream holiday anywhere, where would it be and why? What would you do there?