Welcome to Berwick Fields Docs!

Today in class we learnt how to use our new word processing system, Berwick Fields Docs. It uses the Google Docs system to allow us to work on documents and spreadsheets together. You can access Berwick Fields Docs through the button on the sidebar.

docsmenuTo sign in to your account, you can use the same username and password that you use to log on to our computers at school.

docsloginThe screen below is what you will see when you log in to your account. To create a new file, click on the ‘Create new’ menu. For a word document, select ‘Document’. If you want to create a spreadsheet (like Excel) you can, or a presentation (Powerpoint).

createdoc

You can now type in your document just like you would using Microsoft Word. You document will automatically save itself every now and then, or you can click on the ‘Save now’ button (see the picture below).

Docs has a very special feature; we can work on files collaboratively. This means that more than one person can use the file at the same time and work together. This will be especially handy for writing our production scripts. It also means we can work on our files at home.

To work collaboratively, you need to add some users to share your file with. To share, you need to click on the share button.

screen

You will see a box like the one below. To find someone in our grade to share with, start typing their first name in the box. Their name will come up in the menu! Make sure you have the ‘Can edit’ option selected, and then click ‘Share and Save’ at the bottom of the screen. You will both be able to see your document. You can share with as many people as you need to. You will also need to add me so I can help edit your work.

createdoc_user

lf you find any tips or tricks to use with Docs, post them below. You can also ask any questions you might have.

3 thoughts on “Welcome to Berwick Fields Docs!

1. What a fantastic system! It looks like you have a place that you can store and create all your important files and share them at the same time. We have used google docs in our classroom before but we don’t have the unique usernames like your school. I wonder, how did you set that up?

SGD@Bourchier Primary

2. wow what an awrsome page I wish that my class new how to mack one but it still woulden’t be as cool as yours!!!!

🙂

regards Mikaela