How does the Census help us?

logos

Today in class we had a look at the website Spotlight, which is created by the Australian Bureau of Statistics to inform people about information collected in the Census and how it is important.

It provided us with information about the population of our area, the number of Australians with the same age as us and our ancestry. At the end, it produced a neat infographic like the one below which each of us printed.

You might like to log on to the website at home and how you compare to the rest of Australia. If you find an interesting fact, we would love for you to share it with us!

InfoGraphicImage

2 thoughts on “How does the Census help us?

1. I know this is not really the place to post this comment, however I have noticed how good your blog from both this year and last year look. As a fellow teacher myself, I have scoured the edublogs templates and cannot find one that I am happy with. I noticed your address still reads global2 and am wondering how you got such a nice looking blog with a lot of customisable additions?? Hoping you can help me?
    Kind Regards, Leah Sinnott

• Hi Leah,

The blog is just using one of the global2 templates. The menus on the side are image files that link to the categories I have set up. There is some information about starting to use HTML here. You can spruce up most of the global2 templates by adding a few image files.

Games and content added in are usually done through iframes.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to send me an email.

Regards,

Dale Mills