This is the recipe for the pizza dough we made in Kitchen last week. Why not give it a go at home this weekend and treat your family to some special home-made pizzas!
Makes the equivilent of a medium size loaf in a 700 gram tin.
- 430 grams (3 cups) Bakers Flour
- 2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp bread improver
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 300 ml warm – hot water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Collect ingredients and utensils.
- Carefully measure the exact amounts.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl or jug.
- Stir yeast and oil mixture into dry ingredients and using a spatula. Combine to form a firm, but moist dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until smooth (a few minutes only).
- Place dough in a large lightly oiled bowl. Cover with lightly oiled plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Lightly dust a bread tin with flour and semolina
- Divide the dough and form into the required loaves, rolls or pizza bases.
- If making pizza bases roll out immediately and sprinkle with your favourite toppings.
- If making bread or rolls, shape, (place loaves into bread tins or rolls onto a floured tray), spray with water, or brush with glaze, sprinkle with seeds and allow to prove (rise) until double in size.
- Bake in a hot oven for about 15 – 30 minutes (depending on the size of the product you have made) or until golden. Note: When cooked, the base of the bread or rolls should sound hollow when tapped.
- Cool on a wire rack.